- This event has passed.
Childbirth Education – Free to Vista Women’s Health Patients
December 4 @ 06:00 - 08:30
This class can be taken by others outside of our practice for a fee of $250
Childbirth education refers to a comprehensive educational program that prepares expectant parents for the physical, emotional, and psychological aspects of labor, birth, and the postpartum period. It aims to empower individuals and couples with knowledge and skills to make informed decisions and actively participate in their birthing experience.
The following content is covered in this class:
- Anatomy and Physiology: Understanding the reproductive system, stages of labor, and the physical changes that occur during pregnancy and childbirth.
- Labor and Birth: Exploring the signs of labor, the progression of labor, and delivery.
- Pain Management Options: Discussing both pharmacological and non-pharmacological pain relief methods, including relaxation techniques, breathing exercises, massage, hydrotherapy, and medical interventions such as epidurals.
- Medical Interventions: Providing information about common medical interventions that may be offered during labor, such as induction, assisted delivery (vacuum), and cesarean birth, including risks, benefits, and alternatives.
- Postpartum Recovery: Discussing the physical and emotional changes that occur in the postpartum period, self-care strategies, newborn care, and the adjustment to parenthood.
It is recommended that expectant parents start attending childbirth education classes during the second or third trimester to allow sufficient time for learning and preparation.